Join local works and make regional improvements!
The British Council, in cooperation with the NGO "Молодіжна ініціатива міст" has announced its latest "Active Citizens" training in Sustainable Development in Ukraine.
Through local training you will learn how to:
- Form and develop the personal qualities required for productive social change,
- Learn about the possibilities of intercultural dialogue and social development,
- Get practical tools for effective work,
- Learn to write your own local social action projects,
- Take advantage of the opportunity to participate projects that benefit from mini-grants from the British Council (up to £500 (15 000 UAH) for implementation of social projects).
- After practical training, participants will receive international certification and the opportunity to continue their education at national seminars and training with the British Council.
Deadline for registration:
- Kharkiv - February 16
- Dnipro - February 15
- Kyiv - 22 February
- Kharkov 17-19 February
- Dnipro 18-19 February
- Kyiv 24-26 February
The registration fee for participation in training one participant is 50 UAH (to cover the cost of coffee breaks and office space).
Active Citizens was launched in 2009 and has run in over 40 countries in the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, South and East Asia, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa and the UK.
The project aims to facilitate social changes through contribution of individuals who are influential within their community towards achieving sustainable development both locally and globally. It provides them with tools and support to better understand how to work with people from diverse backgrounds and avoid conflicts.
In Ukraine, the project is focused on working with youth in developing behaviour and skills which promote intercultural dialogue and conflict resolution across the whole of Ukraine, and others affected specifically by the conflict in the East of Ukraine.